2010 Island OSCA Awards
For older news stories please visit the news archive page
local version of the ECB's Natwest OSCAs (Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards).
The OSCAs is about giving the Islands clubs the chance to recognise those volunteers who with out them the club activity would not be posible
There are seven categories that volunteers can be nominated for: -
· Behind the Scenes - Someone "invisible" that your club couldn't do without; the unsung hero.
· Building Partnerships - For someone in your club who has succeeded in forging partnerships with external groups I.e. schools, colleges, local businesses, local volunteer groups etc. for the benefit of the club
· Leagues and Boards - To reward someone who puts time and effort into the running and co-ordination on leagues and/or boards and that has shown ways of improving and developing them for the benefit of clubs and people involved.
· Lifetime Achiever - As the title suggests - someone who has given time and effort into cricket over a number of years.
· NatWest CricketForce - A person or club that has shown the ethos of NatWest CricketForce to forge a successful event
· Officiating: Umpires and Scorers - Rewarding the recruitment and co-ordination of Officials in clubs and leagues
· Young Volunteers - For a deserving volunteer aged 16-25 putting time and effort into the development and running of cricket
Nominations will close at the end of June, so there is plenty of time for clubs to talk over who they think deserves to be nominated.
You can nominate more than one person for each category if you have two or more worthy volunteers. All nomination should be sent in to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to IWCB, Newclose, Blackwater Rd, Newport, IW, PO30 3BE.
A winner from each category will be selected by a panel and put forward as the Islands nominee for the national awards held early in October at Lords.
Nomination Form - Word Version
Nomination Form - PDF Versioon