Isle of Wight Cricket

Information for Clubs with Overseas Players

For older news stories please visit the news archive page

We know that understanding visa requirements for overseas players joining your club can be a tricky web to untangle. The difference between ‘professional sportspersons’ and ‘amateurs’ can seem blurred and knowing what you need to do legally, can therefore seem too difficult to bother with.

Following discussions with the Home Office, we’ve created a document with their approval that we hope makes it easier for clubs to understand - Home Office Immigration Rules for Cricket

Unfortunately, we can’t provide you with legal advice directly. However, we’ll continue to do our best to explain your requirements in the simplest way possible. For more information, we recommend you visit the Home Office website or check out some useful links below as well as an FAQ sheet.

Temporary Sporting Visa (Tier 5)
Standard Visitor Visa
Non-Visa National List
FAQs (provided by the ECB)

Should you have any further queries, please email us at
web design by island webservices